05 December, 2015

Real Techniques


I decided it was time to go out and buy some new makeup brushes, my friend has been raving at me about the Real Techniques collection, although I already use some of their brushes such as the E301 eye brush. I decided that I was impressed with this brush and had enough of my friend nagging me that it was time to try some of their other brushes. 

















So I went out and picked up the real techniques core collection set which has 4 brush and a nice little Panoramic carrier case for them which can be turned into a stand to hold the brushes while you work and helps keep it more organise. At first glance they seem like really good brushes and are nice and soft. 








 
The first brush you get is the pointed foundation brush, which according to the packaging is good to use with liquid foundation to build up custom coverage. Personally, I prefer to use it to work in my concealer rather than any of the liquid foundations; as I find that the flat brush shape makes it perfect for getting the awkward areas like under the eyes.





 
The second brush you get is their buffering brush, which according to the package is ideal for the full application of powder and mineral foundation. Which I found did work really well with most powders, it was really good powder foundations as well as things like bronzers and blushes, as it helped to build up the powders to whatever intensity you want.



 




The third brush you get is the detailer brush, which according to the packaging is precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition. Although the fact that it`s tiny means that it is good for sharpening up the finish to lips; it also means that I very quickly can become overpowered by lipstick and clumps together.







The final brush that you get is the contour brush, which delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft focus finish. I do like to use this brush for what it suggests as its shape means that it doesn't pick up a lot of powder, so I can gradually build up my look.










Overall, I'm just really loving this Real Techniques collection, they are by far some of the most amazing makeup brushes that I have used, I also like to use the Real Technique makeup sponge for liquid foundations I just find that it works better then brushes. I managed to pick these up for like £14 so they are reasonably cheap for some good quality brushes, I would definitely recommend getting some if you have the chance, and they are available at a lot of different stores including Superdrug and boots.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment